What is Ecosia
Ecosia is a rogue application for browsers, that will force a lot of redirect in your web browser and display third-party advertisement, that is the main reason why it may be quite annoying. More than that, it will also change your search engine and homepage without your permission. You may also be redirected to some unsafe website, that can affect your system and browser in a malicious way. In this article you may learn how to remove Ecosia from MacBook.
Ecosia Removal Guide
- Download Ecosia Removal Tool.
- Remove Ecosia from Mac OS.
- Remove Ecosia from browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari).
Remove Ecosia from MacBook automatically:
Malwarebytes for Mac is an anti-malware tool, that is able to locate and eliminate Ecosia malware from your Mac with all its leftovers.
Manual Ecosia Removal Guide
Below is step-by-step instructions to remove Ecosia from Mac computer.
- On the Finder menu click Go;
- On the right side choose Applications;
- Locate Ecosia;
- Move it to trash bin;
- Follow on-screen instructions;
How to reset browser settings?
After removing malware, we recommend to reset browser settings to default.
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
- Open Google Chrome;
- a) Click on Options Icon or press Alt+E, Alt+F, then click Settings;
b) Type “chrome://settings/” in address bar;
- Click a link Show advanced settings;
- Turn down and click Reset settings;
- Click Reset.
- Open Mozilla Firefox;
- a) Press Alt+H, then click Troubleshooting Information;
b) Type “about:support” in address bar;
- At the Right-Top Corner click Reset Firefox;
- Click Reset Firefox.
This is it! Thank you for attention, we hope that these instructions will help you to get rid of Ecosia from your computer and browser. The most efficient way to remove Ecosia is to accomplish the manual removal instructions and then use any of those anti-malware applications. The manual method will weaken the malware and the program will remove it.