How to remove Weknow.ac from Mac
What is Weknow.ac
Weknow.ac is a browser hijacker, that was created to sneak into user’s Mac and hijack all the browsers in order to generate revenue from traffic and advertisement. Commonly this malware can’t be removed manually, because the infection goes deeply into your system. Weknow.ac will change your homepage and search engine without any permission. You may also be redirected to some unsafe website, that can affect your system and browser in a malicious way. In this article you may learn how to remove Weknow.ac redirect.
Malware like this one is commonly installed without your knowledge with some other software that you may have downloaded from the internet – that’s called bundling, it’s quite widely spread method of malware distribution. Weknow.ac will get your browser configurations messed up and spoil your browsing experience with constant redirection and sponsored by third-party advertisement. That’s why we recommend you to remove it, manually or automatically.
Weknow.ac Removal Guide
- Download Weknow.ac Removal Tool.
- Remove Weknow.ac from Mac OS.
- Remove Weknow.ac from browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).
Weknow.ac Automated Removal Tools:
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a removal tool, that is able to locate and eliminate Weknow.ac pop-up from your Mac and boost your computer’s productivity.
Manual Weknow.ac Removal Guide
Below is step-by-step instructions to remove Weknow.ac from Mac computer.
- On the Finder menu click Go;
- On the right side choose Applications;
- Locate Weknow.ac;
- Move it to trash bin;
- Follow on-screen instructions;
How to reset browser settings?
After removing malware, we recommend to reset browser settings to default.
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
- Open Google Chrome;
- a) Click on Options Icon or press Alt+E, Alt+F, then click Settings;
b) Type “chrome://settings/” in address bar;
- Click a link Show advanced settings;
- Turn down and click Reset settings;
- Click Reset.
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Press Alt, click Tools, or Click on Gear Icon;
- Click Internet Options;
- Click Advanced tab;
- Click Reset;
- Mark Delete Personal Settings, Click Reset.
- Open Mozilla Firefox;
- a) Press Alt+H, then click Troubleshooting Information;
b) Type “about:support” in address bar;
- At the Right-Top Corner click Reset Firefox;
- Click Reset Firefox.
This is it! Thank you for attention, we hope that these instructions will help you to get rid of Weknow.ac from your computer and browser. The most efficient way to remove Weknow.ac is to accomplish the manual removal instructions and then use any of those anti-malware applications. The manual method will weaken the malware and the program will remove it.